Sunday 19 January 2020

Every thing and no thing

I live on Isle of Skye, Highlands, Scotland.

In winter, it can be stormy here.

In between storms and high winds, when it is calm, I often go in my garden to experience nature. I did the same few days ago and took these photos:

A view over a mountain.

A view over Loch Snizort.

I love this Buddha. His positive energy makes me feel energised.

A view over Loch Snizort.

After I had taken the above shots, I wrote this...

Have you ever felt and experienced...
Nothing and everything,
Nothing matters...and everything matters,
Bliss is upon you as well as a burden,
The past shows up in your mind,
And then you are in the present, here and now.

Have you ever felt and experienced...
Momentary joy, peace and freedom,
When your body feels energised,
And you are beyond your mind,
Your body becomes the flow,
And takes you where you need to be.
Then the mind takes over,
And the thinking process begins.

Have you ever felt and experienced...
That the mind and body coexist,
They need each other.
Sometimes the body becomes the mind,
And does things both good and bad,
Generating feelings to act upon.
Perhaps the answer is to learn
To manage the mind, body and feelings,
With the help of consciousness.

(C) Harish Davda 2020

harish.davda@gmail.com
Insta: @harish.davda


6 comments:

  1. Interesting thoughts! Do you have some insight into how we integrate mind, body and feelings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments. I appreciate it.
    Interesting question, my unknown friend. Usually I like to know who I'm communicating with :-).

    There are many ways of answering your questions.
    It could take two or three or more blogs. I'm not going to spend much time here.

    Your consciousness or essence via going into your 'inner world'... through deep meditation practice and or chakra balance exercises/meditation will help. I believe, you will then be able to see the connection between your mind (thoughts), the body and the feelings experienced there.

    You may find it useful to read up on neuroscience, mind/brain connection and mind/body disorders which will throw light on mind, body, and feelings...and managing them. Oh, also understanding Enneagram, a system of personality typing, will help you to observe your behavour as well as your thoughts, bodily reactions and feelings. Mind/body/integration is not a permanent state but it can be accessed.
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS...Hello again my unknown friend. I was just thinking... if you are in the present...regular meditation will help to achieve this, you will be in a better position to see your thoughts clearly, and feel the body and emotions clearly and will know what to do. For example, if there is a pain in the body, in the present, an emotion from the past (from your unconscious may show up). Just by recognising and experiencing that feeling, your pain may disappear. Hope this helps.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful Blog; full of insights on each line! Look forward to reading more of these so I will be checking you up frequently!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your comment. Watch the space for more blogs! Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Judgement' is what struck me most in this post (perhaps because I read it first and wasn't in the present for the rest of the post - which I will have to read at another time.
    I was thinking about students of photography, effectively dismantling the photos with their judgement: While the conscious notices 'good' and 'bad', perhaps the subconscious is delighted to notice that it has learned something, otherwise it wouldn't be able to judge.

    ReplyDelete