Saturday 11 August 2018

Vegetable curry with Soya


When you ask anyone in the UK what their favourite dish is, the answer is likely to be ‘Curry’. Late Robin Cook, in 2001, then British Foreign Secretary, referred to Chicken Tikka Masala as the national dish of Britain. Most vegetarians are likely to say that their favourite dish is Vegetable Curry!

Spices.
Photo by Dom Davda

Ingredients/vegetables
Photo by Dom Davda
As a vegetarian, I learnt to cook at university. My mother taught me how to cook curry. I became popular with my friends when I invited them for curry. I provided curry and they brought booze, mainly cheap beer, with them! This was ideal for me as I didn't have much money to buy beer. Vegetables, spices and herbs were inexpensive.

The other day, instead of using tofu, I used, dry Soya chunks, available from most supermarkets and quality grocery stores and health food stores. As I understand it, Soya, about 30 grams per person provides sufficient protein for vegetarians.

The ingredients I used were:
Spices/herbs: Turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, salt, garlic, green ginger, curry leaves.
Vegetables: Aubergine, mushrooms, green pepper, potatoes, green chillies, onions.

Dices vegetables, green chillies, pepper, onions, ginger,
garlic and curry leaves.

Soya being cooked

Soya and vegetables being cooked.

Ready to be served - garnished with fresh coriander and lemon juice.
Great to have salad as a side dish.
Photo by Dom Davda

Serve the curry with rice and or Pitta bread.
Photo by Dom davda
My family loved this curry dish. If you would like a recipe, contact me.

Dom Davda works as a photographer and is happy to take on photography assignments. He can be reached on blog.davda.me or on +447533739103.


Harish Davda
+447802485608








2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed taking photos of the prep.. and if course tasting the final product!

    ReplyDelete