Tuesday 21 July 2020

Isle of Skye, The Misty Isle - A personal Diary




If you live on Isle of Skye, and you like photography, you'll be spoilt for choice. The following are my favourite places I visited recently. Enjoy the images!

The Misty Isle


The image and atmosphere of the Misty Isle is noticed and felt in many places. One of my favourite places is Quiraing in Trotternish, an icon of Scotland. It is an amazing paradise of mindfulness. You just observe and sense the presence of the area!

A ruin near Kilwaxter, Uig, on the way to Camus More beach


I did some research but couldn’t find any information. I stopped by this amazing ruin recently and took some shots. The history of Skye grabbed me and I started to wonder what the life was like on Skye, a long time ago, and who lived there.

Uig Bay and Harbour


This is my favourite place. A gateway to the amazing Outer Hebrides to the islands of Harris, Lewes and Uist. Full of history, for example,

It was of course just north of Uig that Bonny Prince Charlie landed in the well known “Over the sea to Skye” song. He and Flora MacDonald landed just north of Monkstadt House in Kilmuir. As there were soldiers (Redcoats) at Monkstadt House at the time looking for him, he was led by MacDonald of Kingsburgh from there down through Uig to Kingsburgh House where he spent the night.
Flora MacDonald herself died in her house at Peighinn an Duin, just to the south of Earlish, and is buried at Kilmuir just to the north of Uig. This is the Flora MacDonald memorial.” 

Kilt Rock


I love waterfalls! Kilt Rock is very special. Every time I go there, my imagination goes wild! This is the area where dinosaurs used to jump about millions of years ago!

Rha Falls


A hidden wonder in Uig. Amazing colours and energy, perhaps because of negative ions from the falling water. I have been there few times and it has always been quiet. Perhaps not many people know about this hidden gem. A great experience in mindfulness!

The Cullins


The first time I came to Skye, I kept seeing the mountains and rainbows. Every time I pass by the Cullins, I remember how special Skye is for me and my family.

Finally...

Scotland is about layering. The weather changes every 10 minutes. - Sam Heughan

Wherever I wander, wherever I rove; the hills of the highland for ever I love.
- Robert Burns

(c) Harish Davda 2020



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, they really capture a mindfulness setting. Mesmerising sceneries full of variety, history & hidden gems! Definitely one to add to the bucket list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comments, Corinna. I really appreciate it. Skye is simply magical, full of history, and yes, with many hidden gems!:-)

    ReplyDelete